Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friend


Tombstone, Rohr, Sparks and the direction of the 72 collectively got me thinking about friendship.  Everyone wants a friend. Friendship is one of those things that we desire without anyone telling us we're supposed to. It resonates deep within me when Holliday is breathing his last and Wyatt simply says, "thanks for always being there Doc". Jesus sent them together, in two's. And best we know, He let them pick. It would make sense, as they stood on those door steps or street corners or park benches, to have a picture of relationship as they spoke of that very thing.  Maybe friendship was the Gospel in view. The Gospel without words. I do know this... I need my friend. I am at my worst when I have no one to hold me and no one to check me. I'm no good without a punch and a hug. A lone wolf is just that... a lonely wolf. An isolated evil.


-This was an older post from Tumblr. I decided i'd take a shot at the blogging thing. I have no promises. Just trying something. We will see...


No comments:

Post a Comment