Friday, January 24, 2014

High




Everett.

Your name means brave and strong like a wild boar.

Everyone talks about your hair. I must say, it's pretty impressive. The other thing folks notice about you is your size. You're a big boy.  Like, really big. Like, 90 percentile big. 

Your eyes. That's what gets me. You have this ability to look deep into me. You don't do it all the time. In fact you're not great at eye contact (we'll work on that). When you decide to look at me though, you really look at me. It's almost as if you can see my soul. 

Your mom and I are almost high on your existence. Not all the time. Sometimes you suck. BUT most of the time we look at you until our hearts nearly burst. We love you. I love you.

I love you more than I ever knew I could. 

It's a beautiful comparison to read the blog entry before this one. One of hope and blessing. It makes me all the more grateful for your little life. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow. This is wonderful. Keep at it Justin. I am excited to meet Everett one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jarrod. And thanks for reading. Love you bud

      Delete
  2. There is power in recording these moments. Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete